Ugh. Drama.


     This meme is how I have been feeling lately. Why? Lots of reasons. I detest drama, yet I somehow seem to find myself in the middle of it all the time. Then I have to hibernate, lick my wounds and heal a bit. This last time hit me hard because it was from someone who is never supposed to do that to me, and it played on my emotions big time. However, everything worked out and I have had time to think rationally.

I have learned that I must ask myself questions when something like this happens. 

1. Did I have all the information? (No)

2. Was the person trying to get a response out of me? (Yes)

3. Could I have acted differently than I did? (Yes. Probably) 

The next time a situation similar to this arises, I will remember what happened last time and not react the same. 

I hope. 

Next time, I will stop, think about it, pray about it and then respond. 

I hope. 

Notice I didn’t say I know I will? That’s because I don’t know how I will respond the next time it happens. I just have to hope and pray that I will learn and grow from these experiences so that I do not fall back into my old ways of doing things. 

I saw another meme today that I can also relate to. 

It said “Me yelling at a squirrel to get out of the road so its not crushed by tires is probably the same feeling God has watching me live my life.” 

I feel that. I really do. It is a struggle every day. I just have to get up every morning and tell myself I will be better than the day before. 

1 John 1:7 - But if we keep living in the pure light that surrounds Him, we share unbroken fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, continually cleanses us from all sin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circle of Life

Trying to love me